W.P.A. & C.C.C.
CCC = Civilian Conservation Corps
WPA = Work Projects Administration

Civilian personnel files for federal employees are stored at the National
Personnel Records Center for Civilian Records from approximately 1900 to
the present.

Contact information and instructions on how to request records are at

Since all requests for records must have a written signature, we cannot
forward electronically generated requests.

We also request that any proof of death be forwarded if you are trying to
access records of a deceased individual.  Other information that can be
very helpful in our search are birthdate, mother's maiden name, and where
the individual resided when he or she first entered federal service.  Such
additional information is especially useful when searching Civilian
Conservation Corps (CCC) records.

Thank you.

Both were government programs during the Depression.

Thanks to Michael Cassidy
Return to BROOKLYN Info Main Page