enter name and hit return
THE EASTERN DISTRICT of BROOKLYN
Named for Judge James AINSLIE.
The street was opened in 1850.
George W. HARMER, wood-turner, # 35.
Christian HAYS& Co., makers of baby carriages, # 38.
Henry SCHADE came to New York in 1848, he started silver plating in 1873.
He came to Brooklyn, 1883, purchased land & built his factory, # 56-58.
Wm. CABBLE, wire manufacturer # 88.
Ainslie Street Presbyterian Church, (Old School), org.1854 on Maujer Street, a small chapel
dedicated on Sept. 24, 1854, corner of Ainslie Street & Manhattan Avenue.
The Second Baptist Church, Ainslie Street, between Manhattan & Graham Avenues, sold it's
building to a Jewish Congregation.
H. LAWRENCE, maker of musical instruments, # 235.
Edwin H. MANNERING, Mason, # 268.
The Mathematical & Classical Institution, Ainslie & Humboldt Streets.
Jos. A. RHODES, saw factory, abt 1850. He was one of the skilled workmen
brought here by the elder HOE, he died in 1860, suceeded by BOYD & RENTON.
Samuel BOYD, # 4.
James RENTON, # 113 So. 2nd Street.
An old pump stood on the corner of Leonard Street.
Named for Arion Hall, was formerly called Wall Street
BLANK Bros., brush manufactury, # 32,
Peter BLANK, a bachelor, was the president of the German Y.M.C.A., # 800 Flushing Avenue.
Herman WOLF, toy dealer, # 33.
Formerly A Street.
The Brooklyn Oil Works, # 23.
CHURCH & Co., soda & chemical Works, # 36, destroyed by fire, Feb. 6, 1891, loss of 200,000 dollars.