enter name and hit return
THE EASTERN DISTRICT of BROOKLYN
A SCHENCK House, was located near Sumner Avenue.
R. P. and C. H. McCULLY, surgical instruments, #327.
Waldorf storage warehouses, #552.
The frame edifice of, St. George's Protestant Episcopal Church, stood in 1866, on Van Buren Street.
The Brooklyn Silk Company, was located at #323 Van Buren Street.
Richard L'HOMMEDIEU, resided about 1872, and for many years, at #513.
Named for Lewis F. VARETTE, who was a land speculator in this neighborhood.
Varet Street was opened in 1853.
Negro Row, was located on Varet Street.
Emil BRIELMANN'S, Kindling Wood Factory, established in the 1860's, at #57-63.
In 1890, his lumber place, at #46,
At #57, he had a wood working plant.
REISS & ROHT, paints, #85.
M. ROCKEL, printer, #9.
The Charles GOMER House, at Varet Street, corner of Manhattan Avenue, was built in 1875.
Theodore MEYER, turner, #61.
MAURER Brothers, soda water manufacturer, #87.
G. C. LISZKA, varnish maker, #215
NIELAND & BRAMER, wheelwrights, #250.
MOUNTER & DUMPROFF, stone dealers, #21.