Canarsie was a part of Flatlands Township until 1896. In 1839 Grace Protestant Church was formed.(now 92nd St) Cemetery 1843 of Church Lane. 9 Civil War Veterans are buried there. 1844 the first school was built No.#3. In 1870 there was a large influx of Germans, mostly near Conklin Ave. They built the Reformed Church on E.93rd St. in 1877. Roman Catholic Church Holy Family was established in 1880.
Return to MAP Main Page Return to BROOKLYN Main Page