"THE FIRST FORTY YEARS OF THE LUTHERAN CHURCH OF REFORMATION"
English Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Reformation I have created an LUTHERAN REFORMATION INDEX
It contains the years 1923 - 1937 ONLY 473 Baptisms 424 Confirmations 292 Marriages (584 names) 663 Deaths Total 2144 Entries The church is currently located at 105 Barbey St in the East New York section of Brooklyn. The first Church 1898-1901 was located Schenck Ave near Atlantic Ave. The second Church 1901-1908 was located Pennsylvania Ave b/w Liberty & Glenmore Aves. Pastors that served the church (1898-1938): Rev. Harry P. Miller Rev. John C. Fisher Rev. Harry C. Kline Rev. Paul R. Hoover The early churches of East New York: The New Lots Dutch Reformed Church, New Lots and Schenck Avenues, was organized in 1824. The East New York Reformed Church, New Jersey Avenue, north of Fulton Street, was organized in 1839. The St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church New Jersey Avenue near Liberty Avenue, was organized in 1847. The Trinity Episcopal Church, corner of Arlington and Schenck Avenues, was organized in 1850. The Andrews Methodist Episcopal Church Richmond Street near Etna Street, was established in 1851. St. Malachy's Roman Catholic Church, corner of Van Siclen and Atlantic Avenues, was established in 1854. St. Michaels Roman Catholic Church, Jerome Street near Liberty Avenue, was founded in 1860. The Christ Baptist Church, Hendrix Street north of Fulton Street, was established in 1863. The Christ Evangelical Reformed Church, Wyona Street, north of Fulton Street, was organized in 1864. Temple Sinai, corner of Arlington Avenue and Bradford Street, was incorporated in 1886. The Wesley Methodist Episcopal Church, 831 Glenmore avenue, was established in1887. The East End Baptist Church, 263 Van Siclen Avenue, was established in 1887. The Arlington Avenue Presbyterian Church, corner of Arlington Avenue and Elton Street, was established in 1890. The Goodsell Memorial Methodist Episcopal Church, corner of McKinley and Sheridan Avenues, was established in 1891. The Roman Catholic Church of the Blessed Sacrament, corner of Euclid Avenue and Fulton Street, was established in 1891. The Church of the Transfiguration, corner of Ridgewood and Autumn Avenues, was established in 1894. St. Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Church, Hale Avenue near Ridgewood Avenue, was established in 1897. The English Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Reformation began in 1898. Transcribed by Mary Ellen Walz Back To WORSHIP Main Back To BROOKLYN Main