Church of the Messiah
New York, N.Y.
(1839 to 1865)
Published Date: 1853
Written on border: "Putnam's M. 15, 1853"
Digital ID: 801009
NYPL Call Number: PC NEW YC-Chu-(A-Z)
Unitarian: "Church of the Messiah," a colony from the First Congregational*,
1826, Prince, corner Mercer Street;
1839, Broadway, near Waverly Place, then 1865 sold;
1867. Park Avenue and East Thirtyfourth Street.
*("First Congregational," 1821, Chambers, near Church Street; 1843, sold; now "All Souls,"
corner Twentieth Street and Fourth Avenue.)
The "Church of the Messiah" was bought by A. T. Stewart and converted to a theatre,
also the "Amity Street" Baptist, converted to a stable. " Pearl Street "
Meeting House was bought by Messrs. Appleton, and the Broome Street,
corner of Greene, by the Merchants' Express Co.
Back To MANHATTAN CHURCH PHOTOS Main Index
Back To MANHATTAN Main
Back To WORSHIP Main
Back To BROOKLYN Main